SLS Design Consultants Limited
Quality Assurance Policy
SLS Design Consultants Limited is a company dedicated to providing high quality structural and civil engineering consultancy services to a wide range of clients in the commercial, retail, leisure, industrial, health and education fields of construction development.
Effective Quality Management is a key element of the processes which we have established to ensure that we consistently deliver the level of service and excellence of product which our clients expect and deserve.
The operational procedures include:
- Each project enquiry is assigned a unique job reference number which is logged onto the company database. All documents received or produced and all discussions/meetings held are recorded and filed under the particular job reference number.
- Upon clarification and confirmation of the client brief a fee basis is agreed with the client and this is recorded on the system database.
- An initial project review is undertaken at senior management level and staff resources are allocated to the project based upon the agreed fee and programme for delivery of the service and release of information.
- An in-house design team project review is undertaken to brief the allocated staff members and agree upon the project management functions required for the particular project. These project management functions can include any or all of the following actions:
- Produce a summary of the project technical brief.
- Add client and internal consultant contact details to the project database.
- Programme and co-ordinate site surveys and inspections
- Attend in-house and external design development meetings (ongoing throughout the design process).
- Produce project design information.
- Review design information for compliance with project brief and for competency of design calculations and drawn details.
- Issue design information package and complete issue register to record all document transmissions.
- Undertake site progress inspections to the project brief.
- Issue invoices in accordance with agreed fee draw-down schedule.
- Undertake final project review between senior management and in-house design team.
SLS Design Consultants have targeted the attainment of BSEN ISO 9001:2000 accreditation as being a key goal to be achieved at the earliest opportunity; we are in consultation with an external auditing company with a view to formalising the relevant documentation.
SLS Design Consultants are committed to the provision of a high quality professional service combining creative design with cost effective engineering solutions. We understand that our clients want an open, co-operative and flexible working relationship where everyone is focused on achieving common objectives. We are therefore committed to satisfying our clients' requirements working together in a partnership approach with the whole project team.
If you have a structural engineering design problem call top structural design engineers, David Smith or Tony Simpson on 0115 943 5667 or email.
on 0115 943 5667 or email.
Wellington Cement Works